The Enactus Canada team is anticipating 16 Enactus teams (almost 500 students) from post-secondary institutions across western Canada will be meeting to share stories of their community engagement and impact on community.While there are several events during the 2 day exposition, faculty and administrators from Mount Royal are welcome to watch any of the presentations beginning at 9 am on Friday, March 4th, 2016 at the Westin Hotel.
Title: Enactus Western Regional Exposition
- Date: Friday, March 4
- Venue: Westin Hotel
- Presentations From 9 am to 4 pm
We have approximately 120 students from across Mount Royal active in this international student organization.
It is anticipated our Enactus Mount Royal team will present four presentations between 9 am and 4 pm. Times will be confirmed by March 3, 2016. Please contact Wendelin Fraser for more details.
Further information on our Enactus Mount Royal community outreach initiatives include;
- GreenCupYYC – EcoLiving Green Challenge – You will have seen the “Green Cups” at our recent Bissett Networking Day.
- Project Stoke – Entrepreneurship Challenge – Students are continuing to move forward to bring safe and efficient stoves in Kenya through social enterprise, job creation and partnerships.
- Project ReCreate – Youth Empowerment Challenge – an ongoing partnership with children in Grades 4 to 6 in Calgary Schools
- EmpowerU – Financial Education Challenge – a program with 11 non-profit partners thanks to work with the United Way of Canada.
Please Register – No Charge for Faculty/Administrators
If you would like to come to watch the event, your are most welcome, but event organizers suggest you Register. There is no cost to attend to support our Mount Royal University students. Registration Link
Annual Enactus International Figures:
- 36 countries
- 1,600 universities
- 66,000 students
- 7.5 million volunteer hours
For your reference, the National Enactus Exposition will be held in Toronto on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, May 2, 3 and 4th.Faculty and Administrators are welcome to attend this event or should they have other business in Ontario at that time.