The Library’s subscription to Credo Reference has recently brought you many new titles. Click below to see the full list.
The Library added 15,000 items to our collection last year. This brought our total to almost 200,000 items! The Library is actively building its collection and adding new items all the time. This year we will spend over a million dollars on our collection!
Beginning October 20th, a Learning Consultant will be available in the Library on Mondays from 3:30 to 5:00 pm in the grey room.
The Learning Consultant can spend up to 15 minutes with students, working on one or two of the following:
- answering questions about documentation of a paper
- clarifying the assignment
- outlining the paper
- brainstorming a topic
- clarifying the thesis
- giving feedback on a short section of a paper
- answering a few specific questions about sentence structure, punctuation and spelling
- answering specific questions about study skills
Service is provided on a drop-in basis. If you require more than 15 minutes, please book an appointment with the Learning Skills Centre (403)440-6525.
Some of the very helpful folks in Mount Royal are building us a new shelf for the printers. No longer will we all (or at least those under 6 feet tall) have to stand on a stool to retrieve print outs.
Any service interuptions will be brief and timed to coincide with less busy times in the library.
Thanks for your patience!
To facilitate your study and research, the Library has recently licensed the following online databases:
- Canadian Points of View Reference Centre
- CIAO (Columbia International Affairs Online)
- PAIS International (Public Affairs Information Service)
- Political Science: A Sage Full-Text Collection
- Psychology: A Sage Full-Text Collection
- Sociology: A Sage Full-Text Collection
To find these resources, go to the Library – Research Databases or Library – Encyclopedias/Reference page and select the related Subject. Off-campus 24/7 access is also available via your MyMRC account.
Please contact the Library Info Desk if you have any queries or just like to have a quick demo.
The first Library Faculty Council meeting of the academic year is scheduled for Friday Oct 3. The meetings are open to guests so feel free to join us from 9:30-12:00 in room T107.
START (Student Technician And Resource Tutor) student in the Library
Mondays – Thursdays 12 – 1pm & 5- 10pm
Saturdays & Sundays 10am – 8pm
A START student can help you out with all sorts of technology issues such as but not limited to:
- MRC computer related problems with MyMRC, Blackboard, wireless access, etc
- System program questions with Word, Excel, Power Point, etc…
- All printing issues.
If you have a question it doesn’t hurt to come to the Information Desk and ask!