We can’t promise that you will smell better, but the library can help you learn better.
Feel like this guy when you’re using the wireless in the library??
Fear not, relief is coming. The library is in the process of adding 19 new wireless access points! Contractors will be busily working in the evenings and on weekends in order to have the access points up and running this semester.
Thank you for your patience, and believe me we feel your pain.
psst, did you know your wireless enabled mobile device takes up space on the network?
No? Well you can find out by going here, to the Subject Specialists webpage on the MRU Library website.
Here are some things that your librarian can do for you:
- Discuss how the library collections can serve your needs.
- Assist you with developing effective search strategies
As Valentine’s Day approaches tell us why you love the Mount Royal University Library!!
Tell us in writing (50 words or less) or in a video (2 minutes or less) and the best entry in each category will win a prize!
Video entry – iPod Nano
Written entry – iPod Shuffle
To enter online click here
- Open to Mount Royal University Students
- One entry per student per category
- Entry deadline: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 12:00 PM (MST)
- Entries will be judged by a panel of library employees
- Judges decisions are final
- Winners announced on Monday, February 14, 2011
- Entries may be used by the Library as we see fit (for example (but not limited to) posting on our website on this blog; quoted in other material as appropriate).
- Video entries should be posted to a hosting site of your choice (ie. YouTube, Vimeo, etc.). The URL to the page should be supplied on the entry form.
Welcome back students, we hope your first week went well!
We would like to take this opportunity to remind students of the study zones in the library:
- Individual study zones = silent study
- Mixed study zones = Individual and quiet group conversation
- Bookable group study = Rooms and booths that can be booked for group study.
We also have a super silent study room in the library if you require absolutely no noise. Please visit the Information Desk in the library if you have any questions about the study zoning.
Have a great semester!
Now available in the library: bookable booths for group study!! The booths will be located next to Reserves and will feature monitors and ports to project from your laptop.
Booths can be booked here .