With some of our new spaces in the Library we have also added new staff with matching expertise.
The Maker Studio is a creative space for students, faculty and community users to experiment with new technologies and tools to tackle projects and explore ideas and concepts in a hands-on way. Users from the MRU community can design objects and creations for their research, coursework, or personal projects. Currently located in EL 1355, we looking forward to having the larger Maker Studio (EL 1245) completed by January 2018.
- Ideas Visualization Lounge
- Located on the first floor (EL 1270), the Ideas Visualization Lounge is an exciting event and presentation space, designed to support Library and campus programming with public lectures, presentations, workshops and other interactive events. The state-of-the-art interactive visualization wall is ideal for large-scale displays to augment events and programs. Construction is expected to be complete by the end of August.
- Visualization classroom
- The Visualization Classroom, located on the first floor in EL1441, offers a state-of-the-art interactive visualization wall ideal for large-scale displays of text, images, video, data etc. This exciting new teaching, learning and research space enables innovative teaching and unique opportunities to explore, learn, create and share. Construction is expected to be complete by the end of September 2017.
- Immersion Studio
- The Immersion Studio (EL3345) takes experiential and immersive learning to a new level. This “grey box” room allows projection of images or information on all four walls of the room at the same time, creating a unique 360º experience for teaching, learning and research. Construction is expected to be complete by October 2017
Want to see what we have in our streaming video collections? New content being added all the time
Our amazing streaming video collections can be embedded into Blackboard or viewed from home!
Films on Demand – large multidisciplinary collection
Over 6000 videos covering most subject areas. This database also lets you create playlists and make your own films by putting together clips from different videos!
CBC streaming video and audio – CURIO – multidisciplinary, CBC
Contains video and radio content from the CBC. You can create your own account and playlists using this code: YP8C-LVK5
NFB Streaming Videos – CAMPUS – multidisciplinary, Canadian content focus
The National Film Board CAMPUS offers hundreds of films including documentaries, interviews, animated films and more on their website. Users can sign up for a free accounts to create playlists and access teaching resources.
Kanopy – focus on arts and social sciences
This large collection of films covers all genres but is especially well-suited for use in Women’s Studies, Sociology, Race Studies, Communication, Anthropology, Education, and Psychology courses
The Library’s proxy server has been updated in order to address some security concerns and improve performance. The proxy server allows users to access our licensed resources from off-campus. As part of this work, it has been necessary to change the proxy prefix, or the string of text at the beginning of persistent URLs to licensed journal articles, ebooks, and streaming videos. The proxy prefix, added to the beginning of a link, allows MRU students, staff, and faculty to access that content from off campus.
The majority of URLs in Blackboard and WordPress have been updated automatically. However, some older links, or links that are embedded in another document (such as a MSWord document, a Google Doc, or a PDF) will not have been updated. Instructors, please check that your links are working from off-campus, and use the new prefix for any new links you may add to your courses. Our link builder may assist with this.
Old proxy prefixes are:
New prefix is:
If you have any questions about this project or would like assistance updating links, please contact your Subject Librarian, Andrew Reil (email@example.com; 440-7002), or ask at the RLLC’s Service Desk.
The Riddell Library and Learning Centre is now open! The Mount Royal University Library’s hours are:
- Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm
- Saturday and Sunday Closed
Starting August 15th until September 3rd:
- Monday to Friday 8:30am – 6:00pm
- Saturday and Sunday Closed
- September 4th , Labour Day Closed
For additional Library hours, see our MRU Library home page and click on the View hours by month link