***Update – January 23, 2019***
All user test sessions have now been filled. Thank you to everyone who signed up! Please email email@example.com to be placed on a wait list for those interested in being contacted if there are any cancellations.
We are in the process of making improvements to the Library homepage and looking for MRU students to give us feedback.
If you would like to help and have approximately 30 minutes between 10:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, January 31, please sign up for a session through the online booking form.
For your participation in the user testing, we’ll gift you a $20 Barrow gift card.
- The tasks and questions will be with the Library Communications and Content Coordinator in group room EL 3355
- A usability testing software will record your mouse cursor movements and audio answers to questions during the test
- Only current MRU students are needed for user testing at this time
- Each participant can sign up for a maximum of one time slot
- If you are not at the test location for your scheduled time and we have filled that time with someone else, you forfeit your chance at a gift card
Thanks for your help!
Congratulations to the winners of the MRU Library survey prize draw: Ashleigh Fellman, Jillian Miller, Matthew Cheung, and Ross Graham.
And a big thank you to all faculty, staff, and students who completed the survey.
We are testing the usability of our Library website this week and we need your assistance. If you haven’t been to our website much that’s okay – we need opinions from a variety of experience levels.
If you would like to help us, and have 30 minutes to spare between 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. on March 16 or 17, please sign up at the Information Desk in the Library.
For your participation in testing the website, we’ll give you a $10 Good Earth gift card.
- The observation and questions will be with two friendly Library IT folks, in a room in the Library.
- Only one time-slot per person.
- If you are not at the Information Desk for your scheduled time, and we have filled that time with someone else, you forfeit your chance at a gift card.
Thanks for your help!
Purpose of your visit?
“To get some material for a research paper.”
Were staff knowledgeable, courteous, & able to assist you?
Did you get what you needed?
Suggestions / comments on how we can improve?
“My experience with staff at MRU so far has been awful. Most receptionists have been rude & unhelpful. Which is why I was surprised when Katharine was so approachable and friendly. She understood exactly what I was looking for and showed me how to find related material with the database. She went beyond her duties when she asked me more about my project and (as she was just finishing her shift) she walked me to the aisle I needed and helped me get started with finding a couple of books. I didn’t even need to ask and she made me feel welcome and told me to come back and ask if I still couldn’t find enough info. Please make sure she knows how much this is appreciated by students. It is rare. Thank you!!”
Thank you very much for the wonderful feedback about one of our Librarians. We will be sure to pass along your comments to Katharine!
We are sorry to hear that you have had less than positive experiences with other MRU staff in the past. Customer service is very important to us in the Library and Katharine is a great example of that when it comes to supporting students.