The Library set up a feedback table with whiteboards and colourful sticky notes at the West Entrance of the Riddell Library and Learning Centre on February 11. Thank you to all the students who took time to write down where they want to see change in the Library to better serve the MRU community, and also the high-fives for what you love the most about the people and services offered.
Library leadership received all 173 comments recorded by students throughout the day and carefully considered each one. Students weighed in on everything from group rooms, the Maker Studio, seating, to specifics on how to best communicate with Mount Royal students throughout the semester. We’re excited to look into new ways to implement change and make improvements. Look out for updates, as we expect to share any changes made that are from student suggestions. In the meantime, refer to the infographic below for answers to a portion of questions and concerns included in the feedback.
***Update – January 23, 2019***
All user test sessions have now been filled. Thank you to everyone who signed up! Please email email@example.com to be placed on a wait list for those interested in being contacted if there are any cancellations.
We are in the process of making improvements to the Library homepage and looking for MRU students to give us feedback.
If you would like to help and have approximately 30 minutes between 10:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, January 31, please sign up for a session through the online booking form.
For your participation in the user testing, we’ll gift you a $20 Barrow gift card.
- The tasks and questions will be with the Library Communications and Content Coordinator in group room EL 3355
- A usability testing software will record your mouse cursor movements and audio answers to questions during the test
- Only current MRU students are needed for user testing at this time
- Each participant can sign up for a maximum of one time slot
- If you are not at the test location for your scheduled time and we have filled that time with someone else, you forfeit your chance at a gift card
Thanks for your help!
Congratulations to the winners of the MRU Library survey prize draw: Ashleigh Fellman, Jillian Miller, Matthew Cheung, and Ross Graham.
And a big thank you to all faculty, staff, and students who completed the survey.
We are testing the usability of our Library website this week and we need your assistance. If you haven’t been to our website much that’s okay – we need opinions from a variety of experience levels.
If you would like to help us, and have 30 minutes to spare between 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. on March 16 or 17, please sign up at the Information Desk in the Library.
For your participation in testing the website, we’ll give you a $10 Good Earth gift card.
- The observation and questions will be with two friendly Library IT folks, in a room in the Library.
- Only one time-slot per person.
- If you are not at the Information Desk for your scheduled time, and we have filled that time with someone else, you forfeit your chance at a gift card.
Thanks for your help!