Update – January 30, 2015: The maintenance on this server has been postponed, so no outage is expected. Check back here for further updates on system outages.
There will be a maintenance outage of our streaming video server this evening, Friday, January 30.
This means some streaming videos may be unavailable for a 10-20 minute window between 10:00-11:00 pm tonight. If you find you can not access the streaming video you need tonight, wait a couple of minutes and try the video link again.
We are currently experiencing an outage with the Taylor and Francis group of databases.
The vendor is working on restoring access.
Affected databases are:
- Taylor & Francis Library SSH 2014
- Taylor & Francis Library S&T 2014
- Taylor & Francis Fresh Journals Collection and Taylor & Francis Online (40 individual titles).
Hopefully this issue will be resolved shortly, please visit the Information Desk in the library if you need help finding alternative sources.
UPDATE – January 30, 2105: These videos have been moved to a new server and are again available through the Library catalogue links.
A small number of our streaming videos are currently offline due to a server failure that occurred last week. Those impacted videos have videoportal in their URL and they mostly fall into the Nursing subject area.
MRU IT and the Library are working to try and find a solution as soon as possible to bring these videos fully back online, but in the meantime, here are some options for accessing many of these titles:
1. If the link was pointing to the Bates Assessment series of videos, you should be able to access the new edition, which is hosted offsite and not impacted by the server outage, at: http://library.mtroyal.ca:2048/login?url=http://batesvisualguide.com/
Only current students/staff/faculty can use this resource from off campus so you will need your MyMRU login and password to access these videos.
2. Most of these films are also available in DVD format in the library, you can find them in the Library catalogue or ask for assistance at the Library Info Desk.