The School of Nursing and Midwifery (SoNM) at Mount Royal University is pleased to host our Fourth Annual Signature Event Conference. The mandate of this year’s Signature Event is to explore advances and opportunities in clinical nursing education, collaborative practice, and interprofessionality.
The keynote address, break-out sessions, and a public forum panel will address issues underpinning the patient voice in health care education, care planning and service delivery.
Signature Event Objectives: At the conclusion of this conference participants will:
- Describe methods that are effective in eliciting the patient voice;
- Envision strategies to ensure the patient voice that is marginalized or under-represented is heard in care planning;
- Understand the patient voice in theoretical education (e.g. personhood, transition) and invite the patient voice into clinical practice (e.g. advance care planning).
- Recognize how the patient voice influences lesson plans and assignments;
- Describe the impact of the patient voice on healthcare systems and service delivery.