Three times a year we get the chance to introduce new Continuing Education programs. Although this may seem standard to some, this is the time when we get to see our hard work come to life.
Even though the leaves have only just opened, with Fall 2013 registration open as of Monday, June 10, we now have the opportunity to show you all the new programs and courses we’ve been working on over the past few months.
In order to ensure we are offering programs that industries require and that meet the current training and professional development needs of the community, our programming staff work closely with industry partners and advisory committees. We are always evaluating and re-evaluating programs and curriculum to make sure they suit the needs of students who come to us to further their careers or learn something new.
Here’s a look at some of the brand new programs in the Fall 2013 calendar:
New programs in Computers:
- Accounting Software – combine business accounting software with basic accounting concepts
- Digital Graphic Design – learn design software and explore principles of visual design
- Web Developer – learn website design and coding
- Practical Web Design for Business – create a business website, blog or e-commerce site with a content management system (CMS)
New programs in Communications:
- Business Communications Boot Camp – build more effective, professional communication skills in the workplace
- Professional Business Communications – develop communication skills and new workplace communication techniques
New program in Oil and Gas:
- Oil and Gas Office Administration – computer skills plus petroleum industry knowledge
New online program in Housing and Construction:
- Canadian Specialist in Accessible Housing – learn about accessible housing needs, accessible design principles and marketing trends