Back to school is not just for kids. Every fall, the Faculty of Continuing Education rolls out new programs that have been developed in consultation with industry experts, advisory committees and curriculum partners, ready to serve learners from Calgary, across Canada and around the world.
Continuing Education programs help you stay up to date with your current job or prepare for a new one.
Our portfolio of project management programs, endorsed by the Project Management Institute (PMI) has grown with the addition of:
- Agile Project Management – seminars and exam prep courses in the newest project management discipline
- Project Management in Construction Extension Certificate – now available online as well as in the classroom
Supply Chain Management is a rapidly growing field and Calgary is a major hub for western Canada. Adding to our supply chain management program:
- Advanced Supply Chain Management – available online. Courses can be transferred into a number of professional designations as well as MRU’s Bachelor of Business Administration degree program.
- Procurement Strategies: Selecting a Supplier Using RFIs, RFQs and RFPs – understand the most commonly used industry documents
In the oil and gas area, there’s a new introductory-level certificate:
- Introduction to the Petroleum Industry – gives an overview of the petroleum industry and prepares you to take more advanced certificates
New management programs include:
- Professional Management Seminar Series – short courses that allow you to tailor your learning to build your career
- Marketing and Strategic Communications – everything you need to know as a marketing communications specialist
New computers certificates focus on some of today’s hottest tech skills with classes in our dedicated computer labs:
- Web Designer – learn all the behind-the-scenes skills to build functional and contemporary websites
- WordPress – learn the ins and outs of this hugely popular blogging and website platform
In the burgeoning health care field, we have a new online nursing program:
- Forensics – Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner
In environmental management, there’s a new series of one-hour webinars:
- Private Land Conservation: Fundamentals – specific to the Alberta landscape
In the creative field, there’s a new program on home staging as a profession or for individuals preparing to sell a home:
- Home Staging – for professionals as well as individuals preparing to sell a home
As always, existing programs are updated and revised to keep pace with the ever-changing workplace.
Choose from over 500 courses available this fall (A-Z listing).
We hope you enjoy your learning adventure, whether you’re a returning student or considering joining us for the first time. Registration is now open.
– by Karen McCarthy