The 4th annual FST Research Day will be held on Thursday April 6th, 2017 in the Lincoln Park room between 10:00am – 2:00 pm.
Submission Deadlines and Instructions
If you wish to present your work you will need to be aware of the following deadlines:
Abstracts Due: Monday, March 13th
- Abstracts should be 200 words or less
- Abstracts should be reviewed by instructors prior to submission
- All abstracts will be included in the FST Research Day 2017 Abstract Volume (date of availability to follow)
Free Poster Printing Submission Due: Monday, March 27th
- Poster dimensions are 30” wide by 42” high (portrait view only).
- Ensure that posters have a 1/2″ border when submitting for printing.
- Submitted posters must be submitted in .pdf and ideally < 40 mb in size.
Please use the Main Information & Submissions page for sending in your abstracts and posters. The page will be available on February 27th, 2017.
The themes for this year’s research day are as follows:
- Cell & Organismal Biology
- Computing, Technology and Communications
- Environment & Sustainability
- Geography & Spatial Analysis
- Mathematics & Statistics
- Natural Resource Exploration & Use
- Paleo-Environments & Life
- Solid Earth Systems
- Wildlife Behaviour, Conservation & Ecology
A number of workshops have been scheduled to help students write abstracts as well as design and create research posters. These workshops will occur later in the year and coincide with submission deadlines. See below for the relevant topic, date and location of each workshop:
Abstracts and presentation themes:
- Friday March 3rd, 10 am – 12 pm, Room E151
Poster design and preparation:
- Friday March 17th, 10 am – 12 pm, Room E151
The categorizes and criteria for awards can be found on the awards page.
If you would like to volunteer as a poster judge please email firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate which session (10:00am-12:00pm or 12:00pm-2:00pm) you are available. For judging volunteers, a post-secondary education in the sciences is preferred.
If you do not have a science background but are passionate about science or if you do not wish to judge but still want to contribute you can also volunteer with setting up and other logistical tasks by e-mailing at email@example.com.
We hope to see you there and we look forward to seeing the great research by MRU students!
Questions about FST Research Day? Why not check out last year’s highlights video?