Cybersecurity Awareness Month begins October 1 and with it the Cybersecurity Challenge. There are a variety of activities planned for the month that staff, students and faculty can participate in. Each time a staff or faculty member participates in one, they earn a contest entry code. Each code earns them one chance to win a $250.00 gift certificate from Best Buy. Their entry also counts as one point for their team. The team with the most points wins the Golden Superhero Award!
Although students are welcome and encouraged to participate in cybersecurity activities, they cannot enter the draw. This year the challenge runs from October 1, 2019 to October 1, 2020. So you have a whole year to participate in activities and earn contest entry codes. Earn codes by:
- Reading the Cybersecurity Newsletter
- Random newsletters will contain codes throughout the year. Read the newsletter weekly to find the codes.
- Participating in a Main Street event
- Come down to Main Street and participate in that month’s activities. Everyone who participates gets a code and a spin of the prize wheel.
- Attending Lunch n Learns
- Come see speakers present cybersecurity topics. Codes will be given at the end of each talk.
- Attending a movie screening
- Come down to the Ideas Lounge in the Library and watch fascinating documentaries on cybersecurity. Codes will be given at the end of the film.
- Participating in Hack the Box
- Put together a team or participate on your own. Your code is locked inside the box. Can you solve the puzzles and hack your way in?
- Completing online Security Awareness Training or a Security Awareness Workshop
- You get the same code whether you attend a workshop or take the online training.
- Displaying a cybersecurity awareness sticker
- Send me a photo of where you have put your cybersecurity sticker. Your photo will be put on the CSAM website and you will receive a code in return.
- Reading the cybersecurity posters and slides
- Scan the posters and TV screens across campus to see if you can find the codes. There is a new one every quarter.
On Tuesday, October 1, grab your colleagues, fire up your team and start collecting codes! Then Every Monday, check the Leaderboard and find out who is the team to beat. For more details on the Challenge, visit Cybersecurity Hub.