MRwave wifi has been replaced with open access MRvisitor wifi as of 11/30.
ITS rolled out the MRvisitor wireless network service to provide free wireless connectivity for basic Internet service to all Mount Royal University on campus visitors. The MRwave wireless service has been turned off. If you see MRwave do not use!
Why is this important?
- Visitors to Mount Royal will no longer need to be issued an ID and password to have Internet access.
- Visitors can connect by selecting the MRvisitor wireless network on their mobile devices and accepting the terms in their browser.
- Staff, students and faculty will need to connect to MRsecure to gain full Internet access.
What do I need to know?
- MRvisitor is for visitor use only.
- MRvisitor does not have the same level of security or access as MRsecure.
- MRvisitor should not be used by faculty, staff or students.
- MRvisitor does not allow access to Blackboard or MyMRU and has limited bandwidth.
- The IT Service Desk provides limited support for visitors trying to connect to MRvisitor.
If you want to learn more about the wireless services offered here at Mount Royal, visit the IT Wireless page or contact the IT Service Desk at 403.440.6000.
- Links to the Library’s Main Collection
- Circulation, renewals, fines, and account information. Please seek assistance at the Circulation Desk.
- The classic Library Catalogue search options.
We are currently experiencing problems linking to the following resources within our Gale subscription databases:
- World History in Context
- Literature Resource Center
Our resource provider is currently working to resolve this issue. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please feel free to contact us to discuss alternatives to these resources.
Library databases are currently down from off campus access.
We are working to solve the problem and are very sorry for the inconvenience.
Fixed – Nov 10 @ 9 am